Software engineering leader and architect with 10+ years of experience cultivating high-performing engineers and their teams in order to grow businesses and deliver high-quality products.
Senior Engineering Manager, Wayfair, Boston, MA
July 2019 - Present
- Engineering manager of a team of twelve software engineers and QA building the Wayfair Credit Card private label credit card program. Re-launched the program in 2020 with new partner bank, Citi, and have grown it to be a $1+ billion revenue program with over 700,000 active cardholders.
- Built and executed an 18+ month roadmap to transform the legacy private label credit card systems into a platform to serve several payment methods. The new platform services afforded a 50% decrease in integration time for a new strategic B2B financing program with Capital One.
- In my previous role as engineering manager of the MyWay loyalty program I successfully built and piloted offerings to address top customer concerns with excellent results including increase of overall CVR and AOV, while establishing and maintaining program profitability.
Web and E-Commerce Lead, Formlabs, Somerville, MA
August 2015 - July 2019
- Managed a team of 4-6 engineers responsible for the global website and online store serving 6 languages and 30+ countries, both direct and wholesale.
- Responsible for $43M+ e-commerce business, sales forecasting and performance (35% of total sales). Analyzed funnel analytics to understand storefront and checkout behavior and improved the add-to-cart rate of products through iterative redesigns and experience improvements.
- Architected and led the development of a high-performance React web front-end and highly customized ‘headless’ CMS for company website and storefront. The CMS supported 30+ marketing staff with drag-and-drop design and content editing in 6 languages.
- Partnered with marketing and design for 15+ product launches including new feature website development, coordination of website content updates, e-commerce configuration and availability, and media content.
Associate Director of Engineering, Phase2 Technology, Alexandria, VA (remote)
July 2010 – August 2015
as Associate Director of Engineering
- Managed and mentored team of 6 software architects, software developers and offshore contractors as well as indirectly managing client developers.
- Architect, development team manager, and lead developer for a large scale Drupal-based publishing system for multiple magazines in Time Inc’s Lifestyle Group: RealSimple.com, MyRecipes.com, CookingLight.com, SouthernLiving.com, AllYou.com, Sunset.com, and CoastalLiving.com.
as Software Architect
- Managed 2 engineers working across several clients to develop and deliver web software utilizing open source technologies.
- Front-end and search engine development for MSNBC.com.
- Senior developer in charge of AngularJS and Bootstrap single page application for United Nations OCHA.
- Senior developer role in architecting and front-end development of RobinHood.org.
- Played a senior role on rebuilding and migrating Zagat.com to Drupal, including architecting and developing large portions of the front-end theme, search engine and search refinement interfaces, interactive content, and front-end performance monitoring and tuning.
- Speaker at multiple DrupalCamps and DrupalCons on open-source software topics.
Technical Director, PROD4EVER, Boston, MA
June 2009 – July 2010
- Primary web technologist and manager of two interns in the architecture and implementation of websites and interactive pieces primarily in the music industry utilizing open source software including Drupal and Wordpress.
- Lead developer for Drupal-powered sites GeorgeHarrison.com and Phish.com. Maintenance and improvements for BobDylan.com, BenHarper.com, DaveMatthewsBand.com, and JeffDunham.com.
- Built Drupal-powered iOS and Flash applications for the Beastie Boys, Britney Spears, and Charice.
Web & Interactive Developer, MIT Mobile Experience Lab, Cambridge, MA
June 2008 – June 2009
- Researched and developed innovative systems to better connect people to each other, places, and information in the mobile environment. Particular emphasis in enabling access to people and information via mobile-enabled web applications.
- Designed an SMS-based API to connect non-smart mobile devices with web-based social network.
- Developed fully functioning research prototypes to explore Lab’s research concepts tested in live user tests.
- Town Meeting Member, Town of Arlington, MA, 2020 (appointed), 2022 (elected)
- Committee Member, Grants Committee of the Arlington Commission for Arts and Culture, 2021 - Present
- Board Member, Enjoy Creativity, 2013 - Present
- Live Sound Engineer, Reservoir Church, 2008 - Present
Bradley University, B.A. in Multimedia - Summa Cum Laude